#159: The Power of Identity-Based Habits
Jan 30, 2023
Do you know the difference between an outcome-based habit and an identity-based habit?
One is focused on what you want to achieve, while the other is about who you are becoming.
And if you want to become a joyful eater, if you want to be able to look at your New Year's resolutions next year and have them be a completely new set of resolutions, this is an episode you are going to want to listen to from beginning to end.
In this episode, I'm explaining:
- Why you want to focus on creating identify-based habits to achieve your weight loss and wellness goals
- What a Joyful Eater is and why this matters
- How you know if you are actually being a Joyful Eater or not
- Which pillars you want to focus on to heal your relationship with food, develop a positive body image, create better health, and cultivate healthy relationships.
Here is the diagram with the four pillars for A Joyful Eater.
What To Focus On First
- For a healthy relationship with food, you’ll want to focus on practices around Trust and Gratitude.
- Build your awareness of your body's signals and what they are telling you.
- For a positive body image, you’ll want to focus on practices around Gratitude and Love.
- Create and keep a top-ten list of things you like about yourself.
- For a healthy, strong and fit body, you’ll want to focus on practices around Nourish and Trust.
- Choose one of the Fundamental Five habits to make sure you're taking care of your body's basic physiological needs which is essential for optimal health.
- For cultivating supportive friends and family, you’ll want to focus on Nourish and Love.
- Start to say "no" to what you actually do not want to do with grace and without apology.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
If you like what you hear, please subscribe to my podcast. I encourage you to do that today as I don’t want you to miss an episode. Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is.
Stay connected with Moxie Club news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.